Covid-19 and Coronavirus is challenging for us all. Our hearts go out to everybody who has been impacted by such strange times – whether you’ve had to postpone your wedding, make a compromise on guest numbers, or if even a fellow vendor who’s business has been severely impacted – hang on in there, we will get through this and make sure that #LoveWinsAll.
As a result of the pandemic, we have had to make some changes to our business practices on a risk basis. Some of the changes to our services include but are not limited to:
- Replacing face-to-face meetings with online consultations delivered through Skype/Zoom/Another preferred method
- Asking clients to use hand sanitiser or wash their hands before and after browsing albums (when face-to-face consultations to resume)
- Maintaining a minimum of 2m away from clients, guests and members of the public during photo sessions
- Utilising PPE and face coverings
- Implementing extra cleaning and hand washing breaks. Utilising hand sanitiser where hand washing is not possible.
- Signing into/Scanning Track and Trace check points at venues where required
- Restricting family photoshoots to households only and only using outdoor locations
- Having a trusted, equally skilled photographer on stand-by should we need to isolate
- Making risk-based decisions on location – should a public space feel too busy and unsafe for both clients and us, we will make a decision which considers safety. In these circumstances we may have to move the shoot to a quieter location or in extreme circumstances postpone/reschedule
- Venues reserve the right to limit our movement. For example within a wedding we may not be allowed to move out of a specified space for distancing reasons.
We will continue to review the latest Coronavirus guidance issues by the Government to ensure that we are operating as safely as possible.
If you have any questions about how we are operating during Coronavirus please feel free to contact us