You may have stumbled across this blog when typing into google “When should I book my wedding photographer?” or even “Do I need a wedding photographer?“. Well if you haven’t already please take a look at our How to choose your wedding photographer blog to answer the question of if you even need a wedding photographer for your wedding day.
We are guessing that you have already taken a look at our Ultimate wedding planning guide blog to assist you organise your wedding day preparations. SPOILER ALERT, you should book your wedding photographer at least 12 months prior to your wedding day. But we are here to tell you why.
Popular South Wales Wedding Photographer
Being a popular South Wales Wedding Photographer, we are getting bookings two to three years in advance of our couples weddings. Knowing that our style and quality of work is being recognised by wedding couples is absolutely amazing. However, this means that we are unfortunately having to tell couples who are booking later on, even a year before their wedding day! That we are already booked. We hate turning couples away so please ensure you get in contact with us in p[enty of time.
When booking your wedding photographer, you also need to factor in the time of year that you are getting marries. As an experienced wedding photographer, our most popular dates are between June and September So if you are planning to get married between these months we highly advise you get in touch at least two years prior to your wedding day to ensure you book your dream wedding photographer.
If you are planning a winter or early spring wedding then you may be lucky enough to book your dream wedding photographer a year prior to your wedding day instead of two years. These dates are considered off-peak in the wedding industry and therefore less weddings commonly take place in these seasons. Resulting in wedding photographers having a couple more gaps in their diary than mid-summer.
Fully booked South Wales Wedding Photographer
As a busy South Wales Wedding photographer we get booked up very quickly and we only offer a select amount of weddings a year. There are a lot of reasons why we restrict the number of weddings we take on a year and here are some of the reasons why.
- Quality – We want to ensure that the quality of our work remains at the very best and one way to do this is to ensure we don’t take on too many weddings causing exhaustion. We absolutely love photographing weddings but they most definitely take a toll on your body.
- Communication – Tying in nicely with quality is communication with our couples. We want to ensure we can answer our couples questions and pickup the phone for a quick chat in a timely manner. If we take on a lot of weddings this restricts the amount of time we can chat with each of our couples. And if you have read our About Us page then you know we like to get to know our couples before their big day.
- Editing – Now you have probably heard about photographers and their editing. But the editing process is a huge part of what makes our style unique and the reason you fell in love with us to begin with.
- Product/Album Design – We pride ourselves on supplying luxury printed products including our beautiful albums. These take time to create, check with our couples, print and deliver.
- Time off – We do occasionally like to put the cameras down and kick our feet up and relax. Having some time away is crucial to keep those creative juices flowing for all of your amazing wedding days.
How much does wedding photography mean to you?
For most wedding couples, wedding photography is absolutely essential. We maybe bias but we totally agree with them as this will be the only way to relive your wedding day in the years to come. Wedding photography captures those moments meant the world to you and even those that you didn’t even know had happened.
Don’t compromise on the one element of your wedding day that will become part of your family story for years to come. If you haven’t already please take a look at our blog explaining why wedding photography is so important. Choose a photographer who will make you feel comfortable and relaxed on your wedding day and also take jaw dropping images in a style that you adore.
How much does wedding photography cost?
The price of a wedding photographer varies massively depending on what services they offer and the products they provide. We have made an entire blog dedicated to the cost of a wedding photographer on you wedding day. But in summary, the average wedding photographer will cost in the region of £1500 for a whole days coverage which is supported by the famous wedding supplier network Hitched.
We fit comfortably within this price range and offer a hand made printed product in all of our packages. We want you to have the best service and products to remember your wedding day by.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this blog and have found it helpful in your search for a wedding photographer to capture your special day.
If you have loved looking at our wedding photos and would like to have a chat with us to see if we are the right photographers for you to capture your special day then please don’t hesitate to get in touch to arrange a chat with us.